In this post, I will guide you to claim or add the WordPress blog in Alexa with free subscription. Once your WordPress blog verified by Alexa, you can edit your site listening data via Alexa dashboard. You can go with Alexa pro plans that have more features such as promote your sites by Alexa search results, adding your blog logo, site comparisons, and more.
Alexa definition by Wikipedia:
Alexa provides traffic data, global rankings and other information on thousands of websites, and claims that 6 million people visit its website monthly.
The data provided by Alexa is based on the last three-month traffic. The user who visits your website will be counted as a visit if and only if they have Alexa toolbar on their browser. That is why the technology, and SEO related websites have good Alexa rank than the entertainment websites for the same traffic. The audience related to technology, and SEO is more wanted to check the site status they are browse for than the entertainment audience does. You can see any site statistics that are publicly shown by Alexa such as traffic rank, reach rate, pageviews, pageviews/user, bounce rate, time on site, search analytics, audience, contact info, reviews, related links, and click stream. For these statistics, type the site URL into Alexa search box, and click on search. Once you claim your website in Alexa, you can edit your contact info that will show publicly. Therefore, here is how to claim your WordPress blog with Alexa.
Claim Your WordPress Blog with Alexa & Edit site Listing info
- Go to Alexa.com, and Log In. If you do not have any account then click on Create an Account, create your account first or you can Login with your Facebook account.Now, complete the sign up process.
- Once you have Log In, go to the Claim your site on Alexa, and type your WordPress blog homepage URL under Get Started, and finally click on Claim Your Site.
- Now, choose a plan for your site. If you do not wish to spend anything, choose INTRO plan which is free and click on Sign Up.
- Once you click on Sign Up, you will see two options to claim your site. You may use Meta tag to verify your site. In this guide, I will choose the first method to verify your site on Alexa as the following way. Now, click on Download to download a HTML file to your computer. Now, upload that downloaded file to your WordPress blog root directory using FileZilla FTP client.
- Once you have uploaded that file to your WordPress root directory, go back to Alexa and click on Verify the file on your site as mention on the above screenshot. If you have properly uploaded file to your WordPress blog, then you will see a confirmation message “Your site is successfully claimed.” as mention below,
- Now, go to Alexa Dashboard, hover your mouse on My Sites, and click on Edit Site Listing associated with your blog.Now, edit your WordPress site listing data such as your blog title, descriptions and contact information that you wish to display publicly. Finally, click on Save Changes.
- Anyone can see your site information by going to Alexa search with your blog URL. Look on the following screenshot for WordPressians blog information.You may ask to your readers or clients to review your blog in Alexa that will be show on the Reviews tab as mention in the above image.
You have successfully claimed your WordPress blog with Alexa free subscription, and edited your site info that will be display publicly. If you have any problem to claim your blog in Alexa, then let us know via comments. Don’t forget to review our blog in Alexa. Thank you!