Do you want to fight with the spam comments on your WordPress blog? Many spammers try to flood your blog with their link promotion. It is not possible to track every single comment, especially if you have a huge traffic blog. Therefore, how to prevent those comments having the spam links to get published on your WordPress blog? Now, Akismet comes to the picture that is a fighter for the spammers. Know more about Akismet to fight with spam comments on WordPress blog.
What is Akismet? Best Anti-Spam Plugin to WordPress
Possibly the best way in the world to protect you from web spam. Akismet filters out your comment
and track-back spam for you, so you can focus on more important things.
Akismet is a anti-spam plugin for WordPress blog. If you’re tired with spam comments, then Akismet is specially for you. Akismet anti-spam plugin is one of the most downloaded plugin by the WordPress users that filters the spam from our WordPress blog within minutes, and automatically. Below is a quick guide to install & activate Akismet anti-spam plugin to WordPress blog.
How to Install and Activate Akismet Plugin to WordPress Blog
- If you recently buy a self hosted WordPress blog, your blog may have pre-installed Akismet plugin. To check, go to WordPress menu panel on the left and click on Plugins. Now, check for the Akismet plugin. If you already have, just click on Activate.
- If you don’t have pre-installed Akismet plugin, install it from Akismet Anti-Spam Plugin to your WordPress (Help: How to Install any Plugin to WordPress.)
- Once you installed Akismet plugin, you need to activate this plugin.
- Once you activated Akismet plugin, you need to have a unique Akismet API key. You can get a unique Akismet API key here for free. During signup, choose personal account to get the Akismet API key for free!
- Once you choose the personal account, fill up the form and click on continue, like the below preview,Now, check your email account, and copy the Akismet API Key.
- Get back to WordPress menu panel –> Plugins –> Click on Settings (under Akismet), and paste your Akismet API Key to desired field, and click on update options like the following preview.
- Once all are done correctly, then the section, shown in the above preview, will be converted to the below preview.
You have successfully installed & activated the Akismet anti-spam plugin to WordPress blog.