What is Gravatar? How to create a Gravatar for email addresses? If you are a newbie on the web, then these questions will mind you. The “Gravatar” stand for Globally Recognized Avatar, and when you surf over the web, such as on WordPress blogs, Disqus enabled blogs. You will see the Gravatar beside the commenter name. Gravatar is a profile photo of you that associated with your email address. You can have many email addresses pointing to your Gravatar so when you write any email address to the comment box, which is associated with your Gravatar, your profile picture will appear.
The officially definition of Gravatar is,
Your Gravatar is an image that follows you from site to site appearing beside your name when you do things like comment or post on a blog. Avatars help identify your posts on blogs and web forums, so why not on any site?
You can use different profile pictures based on different email addresses on your single account. Therefore, here is how to setup & add Gravatar to WordPress comments.
How to Use & Setup Gravatar for WordPress & Disqus enabled Blogs
- Go to Get Gravatar site, and type your email address in Get your Gravatar, and click on it.
- Once clicked, a confirmation email has sent to you email address by Gravatar. Go to your email inbox, and click on the activation link sent by Gravatar,
- Now, choose your username and password to finish the registration. Once your registration completed, go to Manage My Gravatar under My Account, and start adding your email addresses (You have to click on confirmation link sent by Gravatar to that email address) & images. Take a below preview,
- Once you have added email addresses and uploaded the images of you, click on the email address and then choose any one image to use for that email address. Similarly, you can do for different email addresses.
- You may edit your profile under My Account setting.
- You have successfully created your Gravatar account or your email addresses have associated with your selected images.
- Use that email addresses to comments on WordPress or Disqus enabled blogs, you will see the corresponding image you selected on Gravatar account.